We are looking for a Android Developer. Our client is the leading surf report, forecast and media product, used by millions of surfers worldwide to connect with their passion – surfing.
This is a full-time, long term and remote position to work from Argentina.
As an Android Developer, you are expected to be a problem-solving, product-building, forward-thinking engineer. You’re driven by a desire to deliver user experiences that other companies aspire to. You will work with Product, UX, and Engineering teams to build progressive, bullet-proof, game-changing features to the Surfline apps.
• Build new features and squash bugs on the Client’s Android app using Java and Kotlin.
• Dedicate yourself to constantly learning and advancing your mobile development skills.
• Solve tough problems with clear and simple solutions using your innate engineering creativity.
• Work closely with other engineers in a small, informal team environment.
• Ship code often in a fast paced agile environment with continuous deployment.
• Contribute to the product development, mission, and success – way beyond checking off development tasks.
• Intermediate/Advanced English skills.
• A BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree.
• Experience building complex applications for Android devices using Java and numerous Android frameworks.
• Extensive knowledge of object-oriented software development.
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment with a version-control system like git.
• A willingness to build products on the Android platforms.
• A strong ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
• A passion for mobile that borders on fanaticism.
• Top notch communication skills.
• An app in the App Store.
• An understanding of native app CI/CD.
• A passion for the ocean and/or beach related activities.
• A good joke or interesting story to tell.