Essential Job Functions
• Understand deployment architecture, VM configuration, network topology including configuration of Rancher 2.x platform, network elements such as firewall, load balancer.
• Good knowledge and experience on Redhat 7.x OS, RPM management.
• Ability to debug database applications specifically clustering related issues of MongoDB and MySQL.
• Must have the know-how on the deployment containers (Docker) so as implement configurability for scaling, clustering.
• Develop and deploy Kubernetes Helm Charts to deploy these docker services, Kubernetes Cluster on Rancher v2.x platform.
• System Administration, Integration and troubleshooting knowledge on these stacks – Spring boot Tomcat, NodeJS, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, PySpark, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, WS02, LDAP, Grafana and Prometheus
• Train customer and internal team on the deployment procedures, post deployment readiness verification, maintenance of services including log management, information security configurations.
• Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
• Investigate and resolve technical issues.
• Develop scripts to automate visualization.
• Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
• Build and maintain highly available systems.
• Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting.
• Work with Project delivery team to deploy the requested configuration in the test and production system.
Skills and knowledge required
Required Skill Set:
• Linux System Engineering, VMware, O/s – RHEL, Ubuntu configurations and its package managers. Proficient in Shell scripting to use awk, sed, ssh/scp, curl, wget,
• Git command line, Git Utilities, Git submodules.
• Develop pom.xml for Java/Maven multi module projects implement maven plugin configurations.
• Develop Grunt scripts for NodeJS builds with NPM packages.
• Develop Kubernetes ‘Helm’ Charts with Kubectl nd Rancher.
• Strong experience on micro service deployment and management
• Understanding mongoDB clustering, replication topology and MySQL clustering
• Write Dockerfile and Docker Entrypoint scripts to automate the microservice startup configuration and log management for Springboot Tomcat, Apache httpd, NGINX services. Also, for commonly used cluster H/A services such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache NiFi
• Minimum 5 years as DevOps (or Systems Integration) Engineer with deployment, troubleshooting and management of large IT system.
• Minimum 2 years development experience in cloud native Kubernetes technologies
• Graduated in Systems Engineer, Telecommunication Engineer, Computer Engineer, Electronic Engineer or similar.
CERTIFICATIONS (minimum one of these)
• Linux Foundation Certified Engineer (LFCE)
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
• Red Hat Certified Engineer
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) is a distinct advantage
Locaction: Remoto Latam