We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to work for a key client of our organization. Our client is the leading surf report, forecast and media product, used by millions of surfers worldwide to connect with their passion – surfing. Using machine learning, ocean facing cameras and ocean, beach and satellite sensors our client’s team is building innovative real-time data sets and turning these into product features that deliver new, actionable insights to a active user base of over 4 million people.
This is a full-time, long term and remote position to work from Argentina.
- Intermediate/Advanced English skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-driven, motivated.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Expertise in:
- Devops AWS
- Building Automated CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, GitLab)
Ideally you will also have:
- 5+ years experience in DevOps
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
Responsibilities – Security
- Replace Jenkins Secret Management with AWS Secrets Manager/Parameter Store.
- Enable Amazon GuardDuty for threat detection.
- Encrypt database backups.
- Policy for EC2 SSH keys.
- Automate Git repo credential scanning.
- Automate S3 public data availability auditing.
- Audit EC2 instances and Docker containers for OS-level security issues.
- Update resource tagging through Terraform and Cloudformation.
- Split single MongoDB Atlas cluster into multiple smaller clusters.
- Elasticsearch, preferably using Amazon Elasticsearch Service.
- InSpec testing framework.
Responsibilities – General infrastructure work
- Move to Spot instance for ECS clusters.
- Update Terraform libraries in various services.
- Add target-tracking autoscaling to services proxy.
- Implement ALB strategy to avoid 100-target-references-per-ALB error.
- Upgrade Jenkins core and plugins.
- Move primary Jenkins deploy jobs to Github Actions.
- Add mock services to Nginx proxy tests.