- Support applications in Azure PaaS and EYs On-premise environment 24x7x365
- Capacity management, recommendations and managing implementation
- Application monitoring using AppDynamics, Application Insights, and generated monitoring alerts
- Technical operations processes, and coordinate changes to infrastructure and application updates
- Full stack responsibilities in Azure, meaning each individual will have access to support all application infrastructure: SQL PaaS, SQL MI, PaaS, SaaS, storage, cache, and configuration
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal awareness, personal leadership, and communication skills
- Task assignments from the project team
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Certified DB Administrator
- 5+ years Database Experience
- Working Knowledge of SQL Server Database configuration, support and administration tasks
- Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Service Bus, IIS, .NET, Cloud Development Platforms
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Understanding of Azure, Windows, SQL Severs and clusters, and Infrastructure
- Ability to work in a team environment with in a high performing team
- Flexibility to work weekends as needed
- Shift flexibility (APAC or EMEIA) hours
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- (Azure, AWS, etc) PaaS, SQL MI, Power Shell,
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures and Azure PaaS
- Participation / Leading in priority incidents like P1Sx
- Highly motivated/self-starter with sense of ownership and desire to succeed.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to systematically break apart complex problems (written, verbal or numerical). Ability to analyze figures in order to solve a problem.
- Ability to be analytical and systematic whilst being open-minded and creative.
- Able to base decisions on facts rather than emotions, using logic at all times.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements that are a plus:
- Code development in Azure PaaS
- Experience working in diverse environment, technical operations teams, fast paced.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by the flow of operations.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized with ability to translate & communicate complex and abstract issues.
- Experience in Installation, Administration and Troubleshooting of SQL Databases.
- Experience working Agile/Scrum environment preferred.
- Experience in a professional services industry, preferred.
- Experience utilizing automated solutions with TFS Release Management as the orchestrator of choice would be a plus.
- Experience working with Azure PaaS/SaaS solutions, monitoring utilizing Application Insights experience is a significant plus.
- Experience with Java, Redis cache, and Power BI
Experience in monitoring tools like AppD, HPOV, SCOM, synthetic transactions (NCC)
The role is for an individual who will take guidance from a supervisor and work with between 1 and 4 resources to complete requests. This resource will be expected to work across the entire team of high performers to keep the application up and running and to provide insight into potential or realize issues that occur.
We love working with people who are passionate about their job and have amazing skills in their area, and think that: “you’re an expert in the field with highly developed business and interpersonal skills, you’re always ready to face new professional challenges, you’re a person with a great sense of humour and you’re open to cross-border experiences” : it’s a role for you
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, 5+ Years’ management experience in IT
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- 5 IT in application support, DB Administration, or Software Development