We have more than 10 years of experience working with ambitious and qualified professionals building world-class teams. Our team now exceeds +600 awesome professionals from all over the world!
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team! Our client works within the Financial Services industry and are based in Chicago, IL. Their platform integrates digital asset products and modern technology into reliable, compliant and robust capital markets workflows. Their business mentality combined with the contribution of the most successful investors and clients with a vision of the future gives them the ability to develop disruptive technologies and capital markets products.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will be working on creating the most cutting edge trading and clearing system to power the next generation digital asset exchange. In this role you will work closely and lead with other technologists and financial experts to design, develop, and improve on our critical trading and clearing systems. You will contribute to the team by helping define engineering best practices, architectural patterns, and standards. Collaboration with other team members to solve complex problems that meet the demands of the financial technology space will be part of your day to day responsibilities.
The systems you will work on will facilitate onboarding automation, account management, movement of funds for both crypto and fiat, blockchain interactions and trading of spot and futures derivatives. Given the critical nature of these systems, they must be designed with high availability and high performance as a key requirement through the use of microservices, reliable message queues, and database clusters.
- Experience managing and leading a team of engineers (2+ years).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field.
- Experience building distributed systems(e.g. microservices) that communicate over reliable message queues.
- Experience with client-side software development.
- Experience writing server side software.
- Experience solving complicated, open ended problems.
- Experience designing algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, SQS,).
- Lead and mentor other engineers.
- Provide technical guidance and facilitate decisions making.
- Create and uphold technical and architectural standards.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our in-house clearing software
- Participate in code reviews with other members of the software development team.
- Learn the business domain, participate in requirements gathering process.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Participate in a production support rotation.
- Experience with message queues and non-relational databases (e.g. RabbitMQ, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with CSS, HTML and Node.js
- Interest in React or other frontend frameworks
- Interest and ability to learn new programming languages as needed
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Source control management
- Interest in trading and finance
- Hands-on, collaborative working style with the ability to to build relationships across teams
- Long-Term & Full-time
- Remote from Latam