We are looking for a passionate QA automation engineer to join our growing organization as we continue to build out and enhance our Social Media Management Platform. In this important position you will work within an agile development team to size, implement and execute test plans primarily through the use of automation frameworks with some exploratory and manual testing. The ideal candidate should have strong communication and planning skills and must have experience with automation tooling.
● You will work closely with our product management and user experience teams to evaluate requirements, present tradeoff opportunities, and help scope releases
● You will participate in scrum sizing, tasking, execution, and retrospective activities
● You will implement automated UI tests, primarily in a Selenium 2 framework with Java
● You will manage your schedule and will identify and mitigate risks as work progresses We pride ourselves on maintaining a very collaborative work environment. As part of that we’ll look to you to help the team grow by bringing your own experiences and insights and continuing to look out for new ideas that will help deliver better software faster.
● 2+ years of experience using automated software testing and 3+ years of relevant QA experience.
● Competency with Selenium 2.
● Test automation experience in a scripting language.
● Knowledge of SQL and necessary database fundamentals to execute queries and interact with relational data.
● Unix expertise: using a shell and the file system to maintain an environment and troubleshoot problems.
● Familiarity with continuous integration and unit test frameworks is a big plus.
● Familiarity with Eclipse, Jira, JUnit, and Git are a plus.
● Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Chef, and RunDeck are a plus.
● Passion for testing and quality.
● Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with complex applications, understanding their
interactions with other installed products, and how they operate within an overall system.
● Curiosity, patience and desire to learn.
● Critical thinking about product behavior and user impact.
● Strong root cause analysis experience.
● Schedule estimation (of tasks), and on-time delivery against those schedules.
● Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation and testing
methodologies. Agile development is a plus.
● Ability to design and plan the development of test software