Our Client is the space for teens across Americas to earn, connect, and grow. We are founded with an audacious vision to enable every child to achieve their dreams – irrespective of the place and privilege they are born with. We strive to achieve this vision by offering a gamified ecosystem with community, a global team from Day 1, with a distributed team across the US and Latin America that meets in-person every 2-3 months. Modak is co-founded and led by [Madhu Yalamarthi](https://www.linkedin.com/in/madhuyalamarthi/) (Stanford MBA; Previously, Venture Capitalist at a top-10 Silicon Valley VC firm; Invested in 4 unicorns). We are funded with $5.3M – one of LatAm’s largest seed rounds – by GGV Capital ($9.2Billion VC firm), Monashees, Maya Capital, Nazca VC, One VC, and 30+ leading angel investors and entrepreneurs across Silicon Valley and Latin America.
Join us to make history together!
### **Responsibilities and qualifications:**
We want to highlight that not everybody has all the skills that match a job description. None of us did! We value diverse experiences and while having the desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. Every qualified applicant will be considered within the employment process. We strive for a diverse, inclusive workplace environment. Here’s more about [our team’s thinking on this topic](https://integratedderivates.substack.com/p/privilege-and-positional-advantage).
– Build new API services that support the product vision.
– Support the architecture design and implementation for the medium/long term vision.
– Evaluate and integrate new providers working with third-party APIs and partners.
– Proactively working with product, UX, GTM teams.
– Proactively suggest improvements on the internal services based on data that positively impact our customers and business.
– Help teammates by mentoring, guiding, and positively influencing them.
– Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth.
– Solid experience working with highly scalable large distributed systems, relational and/or document databases, data pipeline systems, frameworks to build high-performance RESTful web services.
– Very deep knowledge in at least one backend programming language in which one can be called an expert (Golang, Java, Python, ,Net).
– Very well versed on what makes a good REST API.
– Experience designing, building and supporting critical user-facing systems.
– Excellent experience writing automated tests on any level (unit, integration, e2e, chaos, etc).
– Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills. Work with your team towards common goals.
– A healthy ability to handle and resolve conflict – have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively.
– Knowledge of processes and engineering best practices in all phases of the software development process.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills – confident in writing down and presenting their designs and decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
– Comfortable providing and receiving feedback in an Agile environment.
– Strong customer advocate and creative problem solver.
– Experience with web3 technologies IS REQUIRED!
### **What We Offer:**
There are many benefits to working at Modak, including competitive salary, top quartile equity package, learning budget, great culture with flexible working hours, and much more to enable you to be your best self.