Our client, is a real-time used car trade network and communications platform. We are currently seeking a Senior Backend Developer to join this amazing startup!
you will work closely with a dedicated team of engineers to simplify complex problems into easily digested:
APIs. You will be an integral part of planning, implementing, testing, deploying and monitoring new functionality in our suite of applications and services.
What you’ll do:
● Work with a highly skilled engineering team in all phases of the Agile development process from design to deployment.
● Work with quality assurance and product management to deliver quality software.
● Test, enhance and debug software to produce the required product. ● Mentor junior team members and be technical lead on projects.
● Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, object-oriented design, test driven
development, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
● Good SQL querying skills and knowledge of noSQL databases like Elasticsearch/Lucene and Redis.
● Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
● Experience with other web frameworks such as Flask, Django, Play, Phoenix, etc, will be taken into account
● Solid experience with UNIX environments (Linux, Mac)
● Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, VPC, ECS, etc)
● Knowledge/Experience with tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible and/or Docker.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
● Graduated with a BS (Licenciado) or Eng. (Ingeniero) degree from a reputable university or college
● Able to work full time—8 hours per day.
● Must have a passion to learn new technologies.
Our system consists of many components; the core of our platform is the backend API, which drives the behavior of our mobile and web clients. A few specific aspects of our core system are:
● Web-Socket support for real time updates on the clients.
● Ruby on Rails, Python/Flask and Nodejs based modules.
● Python powered statistics system (numpy, pandas, scipy).
● noSQL databases (redis, elasticsearch/lucene).
Our web client is fully written on angular-js and is architected using the latest
design paradigms (component based design).
We have both native Android and iOS apps built with:
● Local data storage
● Complex data sync mechanism with the core system.
● Full duplex communication via Web-Sockets
● Dynamic form generation and validation using a jSON based structure with defined rules
● Real time messaging and UI updates
Health insurance program.
Location: La Plata, Buenos Aires