Client is an early-stage startup that helps people learn about the microbes inside and outside their body to improve their healthscience calls this the microbiome.
Client is based in PST so you will need 6-8hrs/day overlap with PST working hours.
About the job
We are looking for a highly motivated and resourceful Technical Lead / SR Full-stack developer to help build their web app in a rapidly growing startup environment.
Must have at least been a team lead and mentored 3+ engineers for 1-2 years. Current development team is 3 engineers and 1 product designer.
You will be spending 20-25% of your time managing and the rest contributing.
- Help deliver a web app with semantic, robust, well-documented, and obsessively maintainable code
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers in various areas of the stack
- Maintain and extend existing codebase, but also implement forward-thinking web technologies and improve the team’s development workflow
- 6+ years of back-end experience using Python.
- Proficiency in collaborating using Git and GitHub
- Experience in using and designing robust and scalable REST APIs
- Experience with responsive design and mobile-first methodology
- Experience using Gulp to streamline front-end build processes
- Tenacity to learn (self-teach) and take initiative
- Experience being a lead developer and mentoring other JR engineers.
- Interest/familiarity in machine learning along with related AI and mathematical concepts
- A keen eye for beautiful design and experience with graphic design tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a huge plus
- Experience using SMACSS to structure SASS for flexibility and maintainability
- Experience in applying fundamental software design and architectural patterns for building product
- Experience using Heroku and AWS
- Experience building within microservices-oriented architecture
- Experience with the Agile development model (SCRUM)
Cash + Equity