Do you want to develop software products that scientists and others in the life sciences will use to
diagnose, find treatments, and eventually beat diseases like cancer? Our team builds highly scalable,
reliable software and secure systems for better diagnostics. Come join us!
Make a Big Difference
As a Senior UI Software Developer, you are joining a passionate software development team to build
sequencing products to change patients’ lives. You will closely work with product managers and user
interaction designers to build intuitive web interfaces to our cloud applications that process vast
amounts of genomic data. You will interface with backend developers to define data exchange
contracts optimized for throughput, scalability and security. You will contribute to best practices in
software developing and provide technical leadership. Ultimately, the web interfaces you produce will
be used throughout the world to improve patient care.
● Software Development: translate product requirements into working code, design reusable
components, perform code reviews, contribute to and apply best practices for UI development.
● Team work: work closely with product managers, UI designers, architects, and other
development leads and teams across sites to drive projects forward with high quality code,
scalable and maintainable components, and delivering software releases on schedule.
● Technical leadership: evaluate frameworks, libraries, architectural designs and implement the
latest web technologies and industry practices.
● Process & Operations: support test automation and follow regulatory compliance, apply Lean
principles in activities you participate in for the continuous improvement of how our teams
function and the quality of the products we build.
● Participate in requirements, architecture, and design specification reviews of REST APIs
● Write unit and UI component tests.
● Utilize systems thinking and strong technical expertise to progress critical software development
projects through all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle; from conception to testing
to product delivery.
Who you are:
You are savvy in web technologies, constantly learning about the new trends, and appreciate easy-touse intuitive interfaces that hide the underlying complexity and allow users not just to accomplish their
tasks, but also to be delighted with the experience of using our products. You are curious about
applications of bioinformatics into real-world diagnostic tools.
You will bring to this role:
● 5+ years in active UI development building large web applications in a distributed environment
● Expertise in Typescript/ES6, HTML, CSS/SCSS
● Proficiency in Angular
● Working knowledge in Angular Material
● UX design experience is a plus
● Passion for technology, staying on top of trends and developments and apply cutting-edge
technology to product development
● Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual with the ability to learn new
technologies and become productive extremely fast; strive for challenges with a do-what-everit-takes mentality
● Solid experience with software development lifecycles and agile development methodologies
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player and leader
● Fanatical attention to detail
● Experience using various tools such as JIRA, git, bitBucket
● B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent field