As a part of this role, you will be acting as Scrum Master and supporting a highly talented software engineering team for a SaaS Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis platform targeting the healthcare industry. You will work with the cross-functional teams and help to decide priorities and delivery of the tasks/objectives.
● Lead the scrum team in using Scaled Agile Framework methodology and scrum practices
● Helping the product owner and development team to achieve the project goals
● Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
● Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
● Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
● Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
● Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity and project execution efficiency
● Feel and be accountable for the software deliverables (including supporting creation of formal documentation).
● Escalate delays and issues and provide mitigation plans to address them.
● Capacity Planning
● Drive estimation sessions with the team
● Nice to have: Guide the software team in navigating and applying the Design Control processes in order to be compliant with medical device guidelines (such as IEC 62304 FDA 21 CFR 820, etc)
SAFe ( Very
● Prior experience on a scrum team and prior experience with the Scaled Agile Framework
● Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
● Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
● Experience with successful Agile techniques
● Ability to work with and lead a team
● Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
● Ability to adapt to a changing environment
● Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
● A Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field) is required.
● Preferred: Experience working in the regulated medical device environment, following Design
Control procedures (such as IEC 62304 FDA 21 CFR 820, etc).